Friday, January 18, 2013

GSOSW staff member Alanna Beckwith featued in NOVAA Member Spotlight!

Congratulations to GSOSW Volunteer Support Coordinator Alanna Beckwith, who was featured this week on the Northwest Oregon Volunteer Administrators Association's Member Spotlight!

She has some great things to say about Girl Scout volunteers in her Q&A:  "Girl Scout volunteers are some of the most dedicated volunteers I have ever met. They are the epitome of our mission 'building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.' As a side effect, we often build VOLUNTEERS of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place!"

Alanna says her biggest accomplishment as a volunteer administrator is "learning how to handle conflict in a professional, respectful way. When I first started at this job, over four years ago, I was intimidated by conflict. I didn’t know where to begin. I feel that I have overcome that initial fear and learned how to work through the conflict to help resolve it."

Read the full interview over at NOVAA's website.